Who we are
Suggested text: Our website address is: https://BuyHomeDevice.com.
Acceptance of Terms
Collecting Personal Information
Categories and Types of Personal Information We Collect
We collect the following categories and types of personal information:
- Contact information: your first and last name, mailing address, billing address, zip code, phone number and email address;
- Other identifying information: IP address, online identifier
- Demographic information: gender, age, ethnicity, marital status;
- Geolocation data;
- Internet or other electronic activity: your browsing and click history, including information about how you navigate within our services and which elements of our services you use the most; Commercial information: products purchased or viewed; and
- Inferences drawn from the categories described above in order to create a profile about you to reflect your preferences, characteristics, behavior and attitude.
Categories of Use
We use your personal information for the following purposes:
- Transactional Purposes. We use your contact information, financial information, and commercial information to:
- Complete your purchases, including to process your payments and deliver products you have ordered;
- To communicate with you about your order;
- To process your job applications;
- To develop personalized organizational projects, custom space designs; and
- To create registries or wish lists.
- Analytical Purposes. We use your other identifying information, internet activity and browsing history, commercial information, demographic information, and geolocation data to analyze preferences, trends and statistics.
- Marketing and Promotional Purposes. We use your contact information, commercial information, demographic information, internet or other electronic activity, and inferences to:
- Send you offers for discounts or promotions;
- Send information about campaigns, new products or new features;
- Send targeted direct mail and catalogs to our customers about products, services or events that we think may be of interest, based on your past purchases at The Container Store;
- Send you organizational tips, and the most up-to-date happenings at The Container Store;
- Provide you with targeted advertising and display recommended products on our Site likely to be of interest to you; and
- Run contests, promotions and sweepstakes.
- Review and content creation purposes. We use your contact information for our Ratings & Reviews feature, for our real-life tips feature and our “What We Stand For” blog (collectively referred to as “Forums”).
- Maintenance and Improvement of Services and Website. We use your contact information, commercial information, and internet activity and browsing history to:
- Improve the content and navigation on our Site;
- To re-create sessions on our Site;
- To use online chat to connect with our Contact Center; and
- To make your use of our Site compatible with the social networks you use.
- Security and Fraud Prevention. We use your contact information, other identifying information, commercial information, financial information, geolocation data, internet activity and browsing history, and inferences to protect this website, our company, and others and to prevent fraud, theft and misconduct.
Sources of Personal Information
We collect information from the following sources:
- We collect information directly from you. We collect contact and demographic information directly from you. We also collect payment information from you.
- We collect information about you from third-parties including demographic and inference information.
- We collect information from you passively. We collect Internet activity passively using tools like browser cookies. This activity is further described in the Cookies section below.
We may combine information you give us online (including through our Forums and Contact Center) and in our Stores. We may also combine that information with publicly available information and information we receive from or cross-reference with third-parties. We use that combined information to enhance and personalize your shopping experience with us, to communicate with you directly about our products, services and events that may be of interest to you, and for other promotional and commercial purposes.
When We Share Information with Third-Parties
Our Service Providers. We may contract with companies or persons to provide certain services including credit card processing, shipping, advertising and marketing services, etc. We call them our Service Providers. We provide our Service Providers with the information needed for them to perform these services. We also ask our Service Providers to confirm that their privacy practices are consistent with ours. Our Affiliates. We may share personal information with businesses controlling, controlled by, or under common control with The Container Store. In the event that The Container Store is merged with or acquired by another company, or in the event of a transfer of our assets, we may disclose or transfer personal information and other information about usage of our Site in connection with such a transaction. In the event of such a transfer, we will notify you of the change of control of your personal information. Third-Party Network. If you are outside of India, we associate your browsing history on our Site to your IP address and share both with a third-party network in exchange for receiving inferences about your interests from the network. We then use such inferences to display relevant product recommendations while browsing our Site. Law Enforcement and Courts. In certain instances, we may disclose your contact information when we have reason to believe that it is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against persons or entities who may be causing injury to you, to the Container Store or to others. You should also be aware that courts may have the authority under certain circumstances to permit personal information and other information about usage of our Site to be shared or transferred to third-parties without your permission.
You can opt out of receiving catalogs, e-mails and other marketing materials from us. Information on how to opt out is provided .We participate in special partnerships with other companies that we believe offer products or services that our customers would be interested in and would benefit from. We do not share customers’ personal information with these partner companies. Customers may receive information about these partnerships and related promotions directly from The Container Store or from the third-party companies that assist us with marketing. The Container Store may also enter into a “co-branding” relationship with another company, or organization. At times, we may communicate with customers on behalf of that company and customers may be directed to a partner website to purchase a specific item or learn about their services. In these cases, both The Container Store and the partner company may receive personal information you provide.
Disclosure of Your Personal Information
Security of Our Site
The Container Store maintains security procedures designed to keep information we own, license and process from being accessed by any unauthorized person or business. We use a variety of multi-level security systems to control access to our systems and the data that we house. Our enterprise security operations center maintains real-time monitoring for information system vulnerabilities and unauthorized access attempts into our internal systems. We also maintain physical security for our facilities and limit access to certain critical areas of our business. Unfortunately, however, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to or from our Site, and you do so at your own risk. Accordingly, we disclaim liability for any theft, loss, or interception of, or any unauthorized access or damage to any data or communications. By using our Site, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks. Anyone with access to the email address and password you use to create an account with us can obtain access to the personal information you have provided to us. We urge you to keep your password in a safe place and not share it with anyone. Always sign out from your account and close your browser window when you have finished your visit to our Site. This ensures that others cannot access your account, which is especially important if you are sharing a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password, and you are responsible for any access to or use of our Site by any person or entity using your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by you.
Reviewing and Revising Your Account Information
You may review and make changes to the personal information that is stored in your user account on our Site by visiting the “My Account” area of our Site.
- Direct Mail Opt-Out. All of our catalogs and direct mailers have information printed on them (generally on the address panel) giving customers notice on how to opt out of our direct mail promotions. To be removed from future mailings from The Container Store, please call us at +91-000-000-000. After the voice message, please follow the prompts to remove your name from our future mailings. You will be asked for your name, address and customer number as they appear on our mailings. Your request is processed as quickly as possible. Due to mailing lead times however, it is possible that you may receive a few more mailings from us. After six to eight weeks, you should no longer receive mailings from The Container Store.
- Email Opt-Out. All of our marketing emails include a link for unsubscribing to our emails. Registered users on our Site can also log on to the “My Account” section to change their email preferences. We will apply your unsubscribe request as quickly as possible.
Children and Privacy
Our Site is not directed to children under the age of 13 years. We will never request personally identifiable information from anyone whom we know to be under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. By using our Site, you represent and warrant that you are at least 13 years old. If we become aware that a customer is under the age of 13 and has registered without prior verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her personally identifiable registration information.In addition, you must be at least 18 years old in order to establish an online account. By creating an online account with us you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age.
User Information that we collect may be transferred to, and stored at, any of our affiliates, partners or service providers which may be inside or outside the country you reside in. By submitting your personal data, you agree to such transfers.